cleanroom control systems
ready to run
The System 2000 is a complete "plug 'n play" control system designed to operate typical cleanroom air handling and air conditioning equipment. Included is a NEMA 1 control cabinet with numbered terminals ready to wire into the equipment, an LCD display and keypad interface, all necessary sensors, and operating software.
The System 2000 is an intelligent package that allows economical operation of the room during off hours.
- Equipment loads such as humidifiers and reheat can be shut down when the room is unoccupied
- User programmable time of day, weekends and holiday scheduling functions
A typical system will include the following tools for easy operation of the system:
- LCD display of current room conditions
- Keypad interface for setpoint and operating mode adjustment; password protected
- Audible and visual alarms for static pressure, temperature and relative humidity
- Keyed switch for local alarm horn silencing
- Adjustable alarm delays to minimize nuisance alarms
- "Always alive" dry contact for connection to house alarm system
Additionally, the system supports communications to a remote PC. An optional graphical interface can be provided that will detail all system parameters and historic trends. Multiple rooms can be linked together for central monitoring of systems.
- All plug-in components for quick repairs; spare parts always in stock
- System design allows operator to easily distinguish between mechanical and control system problems
The Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) and keypad are a means of communication with the System 2000 Controller. Current room temperature, relative humidity, static pressure, humidifier % output, reheat % output, operating mode, date and time are displayed continuously except when settings are being changed. During data entry, the LCD display allows the operator to enter and/or exchange setpoints, schedules and the like.
The setpoints and operating parameters are as follows:
- Temperature Setpoint:
- Degrees Fahrenheit, allowable range from 67-75°F (different ranges available)
- Relative Humidity Setpoint:
- Percent RH, allowable range 40-50% RH (different ranges available)
- Operating Mode:
- Automatic - room operates in normal mode (full humidity and temperature modulating control) during scheduled on hours. Control changes automatically to economy mode (humidifier and reheat systems disabled, air conditioning cycles on thermostatic control) during scheduled off hours, scheduled holidays, weekends.
- Force normal mode - force lamp on, room operates in normal mode continuously, and no automatic changeover occurs. *This mode is the default mode, so the controller restarts in this mode if there is a power interruption.
- Force economy mode - force lamp on, room operates in economy mode continuously, and no automatic changeover occurs.
- The keys and their functions are as follows:
- "A" Key- Abort key: returns display to the menu.
- "B" Key- Not used.
- "C" Key- Clear entry key.
- "0" through "9" keys- The number keys are used for numeric entry and menu selection where menu items are preceded by a number. It is not necessary to precede a single digit with a "0".
- Pound sign key (#)- The pound sign key is the ENTER key. Use it to accept an entry and to move to the next field or screen.
- Asterisk Key (*)- The asterisk key is the decimal point key in data entry operations.
SYSTEM 2000 I/O POINTS LIST
A01- HUMIDIFIER MODULATE HU
A02- REHEAT EHC MODULATE EHC
D01- RECIRC., AHU FAN RELAY R1
D02- ACCU STAGE 1 RELAY R2
D04- HUMIDIFIER LAMP
D05- EHC LAMP
D06- ALARM RELAY R3
D07- MODE FORCE LAMP
AI1- CLEANROOM R.A. TEMP SENSOR T1 (included with controller)
AI2- CLEANROOM R.A. %RH SENSOR H1 (included with controller)
AI3- CLEANROOM S.P. SENSOR SP1 (included with controller)
AI4- COOLING COIL L.A. TEMP SENSOR T2 (included with controller)
AI5- HEATING COIL L.A. TEMP SENSOR T3 (included with controller)
DI1- HUMIDIFIER MAN. ON SWITCH SW3 (included with controller)
DI2- EHC MAN. ON SWITCH SW4 (included with controller)
DI3- SMOKE DETECTOR SWITCH SW1 (included with controller)
SAMPLE DISPLAY SCREENS
The "default display with passcode active" screen will show after entering a valid passcode and "A", and will show alarm status, leaving air temperature, and supply air temperature to aid service technician in troubleshooting.